For the past few years, our company website and other related web properties have been using Domino-based Project DX as our backend CMS. We're currently in a web redesign process, and as part of this project I'm evaluating the business case to switch away from Domino to a newer CMS at the same time.
I've looked at Drupal, Joomla, WordPress, and ExpressionEngine as possible alternatives. After deliberation, I've identified WordPress as being a potentially good fit for our needs, although sticking with Domino remains a viable option. Whatever CMS we choose needs to be able to handle a full website in addition to a blog.
As part of this process, I'd appreciate hearing about other folks' WordPress experiences, especially in the following areas:
- If you migrated content from Domino to Wordpress, how did you do it? What were the costs? Any gotchas?
- Does WordPress meet your needs for robust handling of static pages?
- Does WordPress have a reasonable backup and recovery system in lieu of Domino's replication ability?
- Any ongoing costs related to WordPress maintenance or upgrades?
- What are the best benefits that Wordpress has provided you?