Specifically, I'd like to learn how to:
1. Prepare a Linux VM to receive Domino, including mapping Program and Data directories and any access rights required
2. Install Domino for Linux, along with Fix Packs
3. Access the Domino console remotely
4. Start/Stop Domino server and properly shutdown Linux
5. What else should I make sure to learn?
I've setup Domino on Windows hundreds of times. (I've even set up Notes on OS/2 back in the day.) All of my recent experience, however, is with Windows. I have no experience with setting up Domino on Linux. The concept of mapping drives, rights, and administration are foreign to me. If I was comfortable with this stuff I would follow some of the blog posts I've found on setting up Domino in Linux. Frankly, when I see things like Daniel Nashad's script I realize I need some context and I think a conversation with an expert would be helpful.
I can provide
SERVER.ID, NAMES.nsf, and Domino Installer for Linux. To save time, I can even have the Linux OS (Ubuntu) operational in advance.
We can use GoToMeeting to share screen and keyboard/mouse.
Anyone interested in helping me out?